Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 5- Change of Diet

Sometimes you need a little something to hold yourself accountable to your goals. Hopefully this blog do just the trick!


This week, I've set off in a new nutritional direction in hopes of improving my health, increasing my energy levels, and downsizing. In the past few years, my body has lost the athlete it once demonstrated and I hope to get it back with a little less baggage.


I'll primarily focus my diet on vegetables, legumes, fruit, and lean protein- while eliminating processed and refined foods completely. I hate a big breakfast right out of bed so I'll stick to this delicious smoothie that I look forward to each day. Otherwise, I tend to get bored eating the same things so I try to change up what I eat for lunch and dinner. 

Breakfast Smoothie 
1. Frozen Blueberries (about 1 cup)
2. Spinach (at least a good handful)
3. Scoop of whey protein
4. Natural peanut butter (1 Tbsp)
5. Silk Almond Milk, unsweetened original (1 cup)
6. Fage 2% greek yogurt (1Tbsp)


This works out to about 340 calories and nearly 27 grams of protein. 


I plan on adding oats and perhaps some hemp oil more Omega-3. 

Snacks: pistachios, almonds, cashews, humus, and veggies


Lunch Today: Baked Chicken with broccoli, back beans, cherry tomatoes, and onion. (Leftover from dinner)


Dinnercrustless spinach quiche


I wanted to use my eggs and decided on a the crustless quiche above. It seemed a little light on the eggs in proportion to the vegetables so I added an extra egg. I also chose to use only a 1/2 cup of cheese. It came out of the oven smelling delicious but a bit too dense for my taste. A dab of Sriracha and only 5 calories per Tbsp, it was perfect. 


I'll definitely make this again but slightly lighter on the spinach and add a couple more eggs. 



Beginning Weight (1/3/12): 156.6
Today (1/8/12): 151.4

No comments:

Post a Comment