Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 7- No more leftovers! Lettuce Tacos

It's so much easier to make a full recipe but being left with three or more meals of leftovers isn't always my favorite.

I started the day with my regular breakfast smoothie with the addition of Fage 2% greek yogurt for probiotics. Today for lunch I am looking forward to trying to some fresh lettuce tacos. I can't remember where I saw the recipe that inspired this but I love anything mexican and spicy.


LETTUCE TACOS
1 lb Extra lean beef
Taco seasoning
1 cup diced tomatoes (with juice)
1 cup green bell peppers
1 cup red bell peppers
1 can black beans (washed and drained)
Iceberg lettuce

Directions:
1. Brown beef over medium heat. Drain fat.
2. Add seasoning and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. In a separate pan, sauté peppers.
4. Add black beans and heat over medium until soft.
5. Cut off end of iceberg lettuce.
4. Run under water and remove lettuce cups. Tear in half.
5. Fill half lettuce cup with combined beef mixture and pepper mix. 


Ordinarily I would add onion to this recipe but I'm fresh out and too lazy to go to the store before lunch. Corn would make a nice addition, as well. 


Deeelicious! I'll have no problem eating this for dinner tonight, too!


Today's weight: 147.8



1 comment: